COMP3231/9201 Operating Systems 2004/s1
Assignment 3 FAQ
- What sys161.conf file are you talking about? I don't have
The configuration file in ~/cs3231/root from assignment 0 will
work fine, providing you modify it as described in the assignment 3
spec. If you´ve
deleted it, you can download this one.
- When I run the hostbin/host-mksfs command I get the following
host-mksfs: DISK1.img: No such file or directory
Because you are trying to format an emulated disk that doesn't exist yet. You
need to run sys161 first to create the disk as described in the spec.
- I've run sys161 and there's still no DISK1.img file. Please,
Great Sage, tell me why?
Probably because you haven't told sys161 to create one. Make sure you
have a "disk" line in your sys161.conf file as described in the spec, then run
- When the test program finishes, it doesn't seem to exit, and
the menu starts responding really slowly. Have I done something
No. The exit syscall is unimplemented, and when it fails, the
test program keeps retrying it forever. You can read
src/lib/crt0/mips-crt0.S for the details.
- For my submission, the build number does not match. Is this a problem?
The build number (shown below as an X)
version 0 (ASST0 #X) is
incremented each time you build your kernel. You do NOT have to match this with
the number shown in the sample output. We will ignore it for testing purposes.
Page last modified: 2:53pm on Wednesday, 29th of September, 2021
CRICOS Provider Number: 00098G