UNSW Engineering
CSE
CSE Forums
Working together at CSE

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  DigestsDigests   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dreamspark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vermas
Sushant Verma

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Dreamspark Reply with quote

Hi,
I noticed that the microsoft dreamspark website doesnt list UNSW as a partner university. Does anyone know how we can get access to the software provided by dreamspark? Very Happy

cheers
AndrewHarvey
Andrew Mark Harvey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would also like to know this. most of the stuff seems to be available though MSDNAA, but not the OS. (ps. maybe i should post this question in another area, will SS read this here?)
Shinkei
Alexander Lai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe post it in 'Requests and Suggestions'?

I'm more interested in the free XNA Creators Club membership in dreamspark =)

CSE Webspace
thurstond
Thurston Hou Yeen Dang

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndrewHarvey wrote:
i would also like to know this. most of the stuff seems to be available though MSDNAA, but not the OS. (ps. maybe i should post this question in another area, will SS read this here?)

See https://mirror.cse.unsw.edu.au/pub/MSDNAA/:
Quote:

I am a undergrad student at CSE. Can I get an operating system key through MSDNAA?

The MSDNAA licence agreement has strict conditions relating to the availability of Windows operating systems. Your course must specifically require the use of MSDNAA development tools, such as Visual Studio. The use of MS Office, or other non Microsoft development tools or programming applications does not entitle you to an operating system key through the MSDNAA program.

Please confirm with your course lecturer on whether or not your course requires the use of MSDNAA software before requesting an operating system key.

If you course requires you to use a C compiler you can use GNU C or Cygwin which you can download from our mirror. That is, you shouldn't need Visual Studio for this purpose unless it's the specifically required software.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CSE Forums Forum Index -> CSE-Soc All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: