Dr. Liming Zhu
Principal Researcher &
National ICT Australia &
School of CSE, UNSW &
School of IT, University of Sydney
Tel: +61 2 93762138
Sticky and Important News
- We are looking for motivated PhD candidates, interns and research assistant. Please see Teaching/Supervision and email me with your transcripts and CV.
- For undergraduate thesis, please see Teaching/Supervision and email me.
- Len Bass, Ingo Weber and I are writing a book on DevOps. We are releasing draft chapters on slideshare. Check the book website or follow Len to get the latest updates.
- April/14: visited a number of places in the Bay Area including giving a talk at Berkeley AMPLab and attending RELENG14 at Google, Big Data Summit and ChefConf.
- RELENG14 slides: Challenges in Practicing High Frequency Releases in Cloud Environments
- Berkeley AMPLab slides: POD-Diagnosis: Error Diagnosis of Sporadic Operations on Cloud Applications
- April/14: won the Most Influential Paper Award at ASWEC 2014 for our paper published in 2004 on architecture evaluation method comparison.
- April/14: full research paper accepted at DSN 2014: "POD-Diagnosis: Error Diagnosis of Sporadic Operations on Cloud Applications". (full paper)
- I am the program chair of ASWEC 2014 which will be held in Sydney in April, 2014. Please consider participating.
- I am the workshop chair of WICSA 2014, which will be held in Sydney in April, 2014. We have four workshops. Please consider participating.
- We are advertising 2 engineering positions in two exciting projects. One is related to genome analysis. The other (now filled) is related to DevOps and Cloud.
- I am organising "The First International Workshop on Dependability and Security of System Operation" at DSN 2014 which will be held in Atlanta, USA in June, 2014. Please consider submitting a paper (Due March 07).
- Oct/13: got my gene sequenced at 23andme.com. No bad news. ;-}
- Oct/13: Congratulations to Dr. Dana Kusumo for getting his PhD.
- Aug/13: Congratulations to Dr. John BrÝndum for getting his PhD.