End of session demonstrations
From Experimental Robotics
Session 1, 2007
- Date and Time: Tuesday 5 June, 2007 (Week 14), 2 - 5pm
- Location: TBA
Presentation and Demonstration
The final presentation and demonstration gives your group an opportunity to describe your project and its achievements. The demonstration is a compulsory part of the COMP4411 assessment.
- Each group has 20 minutes to describe their project and its achievements, demonstrate the project and answer questions. The time should be allocated as follows:
- 10 minutes for presentation (all group members must participate in the demonstration)
- 5 minutes for demonstration (please have everything prepared for your demonstration before class)
- 5 minutes for questions.
- Your presentation should contain at least the following points:
- Topic name and list of group members
- Outline of aims of project
- Literature survey
- Problems that needed to be addressed
- How problems were resolved
- Testing, evaluation and results
- Conclusions and suggestions for future work.
- All groups are expected to attend all demonstrations.
- The schedule for presentations is included below.
- The schedule will be strictly adhered to. It is each group's responsibility to have their equipment set up and operational at the designated time.
- We will supply a data projector and screen. Please advise us if you need any additional audio visual equipment.
- If you would like to create a movie for your presentation, a digital video camera and tape is available. Please limit movies to 1 or 2 minutes.
Assessment: 45% of final mark assessed as follows:
Aims: /5 Survey/background: /5 Decomposition/problems: /10 Resolutiong/evaluation: /20 Future work: /5 ------------------------------- TOTAL: /45
Each group is required to hand in two hard copies of an interim report. The report should be concise (approximately 20 pages as a rule of thumb but there is no minimum or maximum), containing:
- name of group and group members
- title and definition of project goals
- relevant literature survey, with references at the end (this can be taken from the mid-session report and extended if necessary)
- problem decomposition: the tasks or subgoals involved
- detailed specifications
- description of design, algorithms used
- justification for design decisions, testing and results.
- conclusions and suggestions for future work
Do not forget the project title and names and student numbers of all group members on the first page. The report must also contain a section on Contribution of Group members, where you will describe the subdivision of tasks amongst group members.
Due: 5pm Friday 9 June, 2006. Assessment: 40% of final mark assessed as follows:
Aims: /5 Survey/background: /5 Decomposition/problems: /5 Algorithms/development: /5 Evaluation: /5 Conclusion/future work: /5 Wiki: /10 ------------------------------- TOTAL: /40
Submission of Files
Create a directory in your group account on robolab.cse.unsw.edu.au called CDROM and in it place all the source code, mid-session report, mid-session presentation, final report and final presentation for your project. You may include other files relating to your project if you wish (e.g., copies of papers that were used, etc.). Send an email to email@example.com once this is completed to let us know that you have done so. Please do this by 5pm Friday 9 June.
#1 PuzzleArm 14:00 14:20 #2 Panospheric camera radar 14:20 14:40 #3 Urban Grand Challenge A 14:40 15:00 #4 Urban Grand Challenge B 15:00 15:20